Saturday, August 15, 2015

Holy Cow, Virginia is Beautiful!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

 I am so sorry it's been a while. Well. .  I am finally here in Virginia :)  Holy Cow it is beautiful!  Trees are everywhere.  Trees line the road and make you feel like you are in a forest.  There are not any sidewalks either.  When we arrived at the airport, President and Sister Wilson were there to greet us.  They are so cute and very nice.  We drove to a church and ate wonderful food that wasn't nasty MTC food.  We then talked and took pictures and set up our Ipads.  It weird to have some technology. Ha ha.  

Side note- After the missionaries were trained on using their ipads, they were given permission to email their families using their ipads. That was a fun and pleasant surprise.

After we emailed- yay, we went back to the Mission Home and that is where we slept.  We had a lot of fun.  The mission home is in the middle of nowhere and trees surrounding it, of course.  So so cute! Also, there's a Richmond Virginia Facebook.  Go look at it.  Sister Wilson said she was posting pictures.  When we woke up, we got ready, went to the Richmond Stake Center for breakfast and transfer meeting.  I was so scared to see who my companion was. But. . . .  I love her!  Her name is Sister Fuhriman (Furmen). She is from Seattle, Washington.  I'll send some pictures on Monday.  She is really bubbly and a lot like me.  I will most likely be with her for 12 weeks, two transfers (I'll be out 4 months). I am excited.  We are serving in Mechanicsville (super weird names here). It is about 45 minutes or less from Richmond.  Some places are really ghetto, others, usually members, have nice houses.  We didn't waste any time when we got here.  It was around 4:00 when we got back to our apartment.  I unpacked a little, then we went grocery shopping to grab some food.  Then a member called us to see if we wanted dinner at 5:00, so we rushed over.  While we were there, there were tons of tornado warnings.  It missed us by about 5 minutes, but was cool I almost experienced a tornado my first day.  After eating, we went tracting for about 2 1/2 hours.  It was weird going my first day, but was fun to keep my mind busy.  We knocked on like 25 doors.  We had a ton say no because they are all Catholic and believe they are fine with their religion and asked us to leave.  Now I am in my apartment and thought I should write you all.

Man, I miss you guys a ton.  I love you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!  You guys are the best ever!  Tomorrow we have 4 lessons and a dinner appointment.  It's going to be a good day.  I love you all!! :)

Love, 
Your favorite missionary, Sister Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment