Monday, October 17, 2016

Great transfer week- because I'm not transferring- woohoo!


Emailing from the library today!

Hello hello :) 

    This week has been such a fun week! I still can't believe I am still in Chippy. I am so so thankful to still be in this ward. I love it so much! It was so fun to go to Transfer meeting and not have a stress or care in the world. We went because we had Sister Sorensen with us and she was being transferred. It was fun to see Sister Tadd and Sister Squires right before they left. I can't believe it was already time for them to go home. I feel like I was just barely with them!! I love them both so much and I am extremely grateful for the time I was able to spend with them and to learn so much from them. They were such amazing missionaries. Time sure is flying. It was really fun, Sister Squires didn't have anything to do before dinner so she came and spend a few hours with us. I never wanted to take her back to the mission home, but sadly we had to. It was fun being with her for the last few hours she had! 




I love Sister Tadd!

I love Sister Squires!



 Some news about our investigators:

Jessie is doing wonderful. She just got a job as a high school teacher, so we have been doing lessons and helping her grade papers. Sometimes we have a good laugh as we go through the answers. It just made me think of when my teachers were going through my papers they were probably laughing at me and my answers as well. Haha She is still preparing for her baptism on November 11. She is excited. I have loved to see how much she has progressed- from not wanting to meet with us, to setting herself on date for baptism in just 6 weeks. God is great. 

   Stefano is awesome. When we first met him, he was super shy and didn't say much. Now he is cracking jokes and opening up more to us. He has a lot of free time on his hands, so we get to meet with him pretty frequently. He has come to pretty much every activity (FHE and institute) and has even made it to the last 2 hours of church the last 2 weeks! He works night shift, so he doesn't get much sleep in the first place. So it's awesome to see him get up and come! Hopefully he will be able to make it to sacrament meeting soon. The whole ward loves him and has fellowshipped him so well, which is THE biggest help and is one of the best things ever for a missionary to see! 

   Malcolm is doing great. He just needs to quit his job so he can come to church on Sunday. We are trying to see if he wants to push his date up for baptism. He has been praying a lot about it and hasn't received his answer yet, but we know it will come soon. He said if he doesn't catch up on his school work soon, he will quit his job. I may or may not be praying that he doesn't catch up on his school work so he quits.... oops! 

   I can't remember if I told you about Christopher. He is awesome. He is a member’s boyfriend, whom she has been bringing to church for a while but just introduced us recently. He was teaching the youth in his church and encouraged his youth to go out and explore religions to find out if this is really for them. He then realized that he never did that. He had agreed to meet with us and has been doing very well. He has made statements when we met with him this week that, "when I get baptized...." so that has been really great!

     We have been contacting a lot lately. We have been able to find some really cool people and been able to teach many people as well. God has been blessing us tremendously. 

Funny story: we were contacting one night and it was pretty chilly. Sister Fitt and I were joking around with our member saying this is pretty much St. George/Arizona winters. About 2 minutes later, after we got on a different topic.... a guy in front of us turned around asking, "Did I hear someone was from Arizona?" He then explained that he had friends in AZ and he was from Vegas. I told him I lived in St. George really close to Vegas. He was saying how he went to St. George all the time and how people in Utah are so nice and tried to talk to him about Mormonism and "threw a Book of Mormon at me trying to get me to read it." After talking for a little bit, he asked what we were doing in Richmond. We told him we were missionaries and he just laughed so hard and realized that we had to be because we sat there talking about Mormons for a good solid 5 minutes. He then talked about how much he loved Mormons because they always had food at every activity. So true!  He wasn't interested in learning, but said he would want to come to activities. It was super funny! I promise, it was funnier in person haha 

Scripture of the week: D&C 130:21 "And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." I love this scripture because it is telling us that when we are obedient, God is going to give us blessings. I see this all the time in missionary work. We need to always be obedient to all God’s commandments and strive to be better each day. 

I love y'all to the moon and back 100 times. Have a wonderfully Fantastic week!! :)


Love, Sister Brooks

Lunch of  a champion!
FHE for the win

We have been liking this new update for editing photos.... hahaha 





Daniel's niece, Neeko. She is seriously so funny. 
Murals.  



No comments:

Post a Comment