Monday, October 10, 2016

Best news ever- SISTER FITT AND I ARE STAYING IN CHIPPY TOGETHER!!!!!!



Emailing with The Trio!
Hello hello! 

Most exciting news..... SISTER FITT AND I ARE STAYING IN CHIPPY TOGETHER!!!!!! Saturday night was one of the most nerve-racking nights. After the APs freaked me out and joked for a while, they finally told me I was staying! I am so excited. Also, this will be my first time ever staying in an area for more than 2 transfers. I am so excited because Chippenham has my heart! 

  This week has been awesome. We just went super hard this week. We didn't have any meetings, so we took that to our advantage and just went out and did tons of work! We were able to have lots of members out with us as well which is always super wonderful. I love this ward so darn much. Also, Sacrament/Testimony meetings in YSA (Young Single Adult) wards are the best ever! The spirit is felt so strong. There aren't ever those awkward pauses because people are lining up to bear testimony. It's really is so awesome. I am beyond grateful to serve in this ward. I have built so many strong relationships and have seen so many wonderful miracles. 

  Last P-day we went bowling with our zone. First off, it was super weird to put on jeans again and even more weird to see all the missionaries in jeans. Ha ha. We had President and Sister Smith come, which was way fun. On our lane we had President and Sister Smith, us and the APs. President and Sister Smith KILLED us. We blamed it on us being out as missionaries longer than them and they are fresh and new. But we knew that wasn't the case, we just stunk. But it was really fun! I love our zone!



   Our Trio is coming to a close this week. Tomorrow (Tuesday) Sister Sorensen will be leaving us and will be transferred into another area. It has been fun to get to be with her and being in a trio. It's definitely going to be weird not having three of us, but there's no quiet time when Sister Fitt and I are together. Have I mentioned how much I love Sister Fitt? Well if I haven't, I love her!

    Well this week has rained and rained and rained. Wow, I don't think I have seen so much rain in one day in my life. We woke up at 5:45 AM to go to the gym Saturday and it didn't stop POURING until early this morning. It was super crazy. Hurricane Matthew came through Florida and was starting to come up the East Coast, but thankfully, its route changed and it didn't get us, but we sure got the rain. So pretty much Saturday we got soaked, no one was outside and it was very hard to get a hold of people. But... we still made the best of it. 

     Let me tell you about Malcolm. I can't remember what I have told y'all about him, but pretty much he is hilarious. He has been meeting with missionaries for over a year and had his baptismal interview, but because of some issues, he had to wait awhile to get baptized. We have been meeting with him and continuing to teach him. I talked about him in my interview with President and he had no knowledge, notes or anything explaining the situation, so he wants to meet and interview Malcolm and if things are settled and things are good, he might be able to get baptized earlier, so that's really cool. We hope all works out. Sad news though, we texted him Sunday morning to see if he was coming to church and he wasn't able to because he just got out of the ER because someone jumped him on the way to work. Richmond area is crazy. It was really sad.  He said he was doing a little better, but hopefully when we see him Tuesday, he will be okay. 

     One reason I love being a sister training leader is I get to go on Exchanges. I have met and have built so many relationships with sisters in our mission. I am so grateful for them and for the things they have been able to teach me. I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Aime. She is the cutest thing ever. This is her second transfer on the mission, so she is just about out of training. But holy cow, she is wonderful. She has such a strong testimony and just wants to help anyone she can. We were able to teach some lessons and find really cool people. I am so grateful for the chance I have to learn more from other sisters and meet them! 

    So in downtown, there is this thing called First Friday. Every first Friday of the month everyone walks down one of the main streets and there are crafts and booths and all this stuff. So of course it is the perfect opportunity for us missionaries to find people. We were able to go again this month with the downtown elders. We made some hot chocolate and talked to so many people. We were able to find pretty solid people. It was really fun :) It’s awesome because they come to us and all we have to do is start talking to them. Haha 

I am so excited and grateful to be staying here this transfer. I know so many wonderful things and miracles are going to happen. It's going to be the greatest. I can’t believe I only have 12 weeks left.... I'm going to make it the best 12 weeks ever!!!! 

Scripture of the week: John 13:15- it says, "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you." It's pretty self-explanatory, but I love it because Jesus Christ has been the example for us. We all need to strive to be better and to be more like him. I am so extremely grateful for what our Savior Jesus Christ has done for us and for me. I am so happy we are able to repent and to live with our Savior and Father in Heaven again. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the chance I have to be Jesus Christ’s representative.

I love y'all so much!
 ️️

Love Sister Brooks :) 




With Marcus!!!!!!!! 
Dinner with Ryan and Daniel at this yummy Brazilian food place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment