Monday, December 7, 2015

Great week! Pro Window Jumper! :)



Hello again,

I feel like I just wrote an email home, and here I am again. Brace
yourself, its a weird and busy week this week. Those are the best
weeks though, because times just zooms by and you feel so good at the end of the week. Man, missions are the best!

I just want all ya’ll to know, if you ever try to lock me out of a car,
think again. haha.  Sister Tadd decided to lock me out of the car and rolled down the window to make fun of me, next thing you know, I jumped through the window and landed successfully in the car. Don’t mess with me. I don’t think I have ever seen her laugh so hard in my life.

On Tuesdays, we go to the care center and visit people for our service. It was so much fun. We helped decorate the center and just laughed at the older people, they are sooo cute!! I cant wait to go back!

We have this couple in our ward that just got called to be mission
presidents. They will be finding out in a few weeks where they will be going!! Saint George is open.. :) That would be awesome if they went there. They seriously are the sweetest things. We had dinner at their house and wow... I was speechless. It was the biggest and most beautiful house I have ever seen. They win, hands down. After dinner, Sister Lansing came out with us and asked a million questions about missions and how nervous she is to be a presidents wife, but she will be so good! They just have the "Mission President" look.

We were tracting the other day and found this cute little Muslim
family. Muslim families are everywhere around here. They asked if we wanted some water, duh, and next thing you know, the wife comes out with these nice glasses with some apple juice. She was carrying it on a platter. It was so funny, we felt like royalty. They were very sweet. We gave them a Book of Mormon and he couldn't believe we were giving it to them for free. They were really nice. Muslims are very set in their ways, but we will definitely try back soon, even if we just get the juice ;) haha just kidding.

We have a Book of Mormon class every other Thursday.  We were
asked to teach it this week.  Luckily it was 1 Nephi 1-3 so it was really easy and everyone knew what was going on, because, lets be real, we have read that multiple times and if we get farther than that, we are good... haaha it was really fun though.

We have this sweet lady in our ward who LOOVVEESS Christmas.  We spent 2 hours getting all of her Christmas decorations down and sadly we didn’t get them all down before we had to leave. Her whole living room was packed!! (picture to come) it was so funny we couldn’t stop laughing. She just kept handing us boxes!

We had a zone meeting this week. One thing I have learned and really thought about lately is how our work is put all in the Lord’s hands. Sometimes it is so frustrating to keep dropping people and setting people on date and they don’t do anything you want them to do. I have learned this past week that this work is in the Lord’s hands and he will make it all work out on His timing.  One of our Sister Training Leaders gave a training and I loved the quote she said. She said "Have faith and just move forward, don’t focus on the things you can’t control, but the things you can." (Chris doesn't she sound like great wife material? hahahaha) It really stuck with me and I’m going to try everything I can to continue to apply that to my life.




We had stake conference this week.  It was so awesome and even
better to see my old ward!  It was so fun. On Saturday night, there
was an adult session. It was so amazing. As a missionary, you REALLY learn to love meetings and church, or maybe that’s just me. But after the adult session I heard "Sister Brooks". I turned around and guess who it was?? DAVID MILLER!!!!!!! I was so happy and excited I couldn’t contain myself. We talked for awhile and I got a picture, but the lighting is really bad. but oh well!! It was so fun to see him and some people in my last ward!


Sister Tadd had a wonderful idea (not at all) to walk to church for the Stake Conference broadcast. A mile and a half later, we arrived at the church. Don’t worry, we got a ride home haha.

Investigator wise, we have been doing pretty well. We have found some new people who are interested and we will be visiting them this week to see if they are serious or not, let’s hope and pray they are.

Our Stake President made a goal for us to get 60 member presents
(discussions that we take a member with us) a week ago and we did it! So today we are going over to his house to have lunch!! I like free lunch.

Scripture of the week: Alma 37:6- It says- by small and simple things, great things will come to pass. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us. When we receive answers to prayers, they might not be these huge answers, but they can be so soft and small, but something big will always come out of it. Even with tracting and going out and finding people, just saying Hi or giving them a card, something can always happen out of that. 

Have ya’ll seen the new Christmas initiative? If you haven’t, go watch it, it is so cute!!! The little boy who says (all our sins and sadness, or something like that, is the best) go to christmas.mormon.org. Its the #ASaviorisBorn

I love ya’ll so much, I pray for you all the time!! Have a wonderful week:)

Love Sister (pro window jumper) Brooks







No comments:

Post a Comment