Monday, July 18, 2016

Great week in Aquia , but unfortunately, I'm packing my bags again :(

Emailing with my fellow Sisters!

Hi Everyone!

It has been another great week in the Aquia area!! I literally should copy and paste my first paragraph every week because the same thing happens  haha. We have some of the best moments and some of the worst in one week, it's crazy. Missionary work is always keeping me on my toes! 

     Well, let's start off with the terrible news, I'm getting transferred. I am so so so sad to be leaving Aquia. I seriously feel like I just got here. I am cursed; I will break it one day though and stay in an area for longer than 2 transfers. I never have. One day!!! Getting the call was heart breaking, but I know I need to be somewhere else and will meet so many new wonderful people!  Time to pack the bags again... Yay! 

Now for some cool, funny and dramatic things:

    We have the funniest and crazy older guy we are teaching named Brother Joe. He has been meeting with the missionaries for over 9 months now. He lived in the elder’s area but moved into ours, so we met him a few weeks ago! Anyway, he called us one night and asked us to come over so we could pray for one of his friends that just had surgery. We just got done with an appointment and were right next to his house so we ran over there. He introduced us to his friend, Lori and, holy cow, she was golden!! She told us how she was searching for a church and just randomly showed up to ours during a fast and testimony meeting. She even went up and bore her testimony!! She said she would love to be a part of our church but she smokes and drinks tea. We shared with her the message of the restoration and how our prayers can be answered. We also talked to her about how we can help her quit smoking. She was so excited. We set a return appointment with her. As we were leaving the lesson, she turned to us and said, “I know this isn't a coincidence, I am never at this house and I know God put me here for a reason.” Well, I wish I could say it ended up to be really good, but we went to see if we could still meet with her for her return appointment and she ended up dropping us (saying she doesn't want to meet with us anymore). She read the Book of Mormon and didn't know how she felt about it. I am pretty sure she ran into some anti :(

     We had MLC with President Smith this week. He wanted us to get together and talk about some of the rules/things we have done in the past and how we should go about them or if we should change them. Holy cow, I seriously love President Smith so much. He is so down to earth and so funny!! He really cares about the work and wants to do everything he can to bring God’s children closer to Him. 


We were able to volunteer at the animal shelter again. It was so fun! We just went for an hour to play with dogs! I taught the dogs how to do sweet tricks. I had way too much fun playing fetch with them. Talk about stress reliever. 

We were able to go on Exchanges Saturday! I was with Hermana Rodriguez. I love her so much. She has become one of my best friends. I love her to death. Thank goodness she lives in Arizona. We already have trips planned for when we get home :) but seriously, she is such an amazing teacher. We stayed in my area, and the things she said and questions she asked our investigators were so amazing and helped them so much. She really is such an amazing missionary and person. I love her.
Hermana Rodriguez and Me


   Hermana Rodriguez, me, and Skyler Oti, our ward mission leader's daughter.




Scripture Alma 38:5: this has been my favorite this week. It just says that if we trust in God, we will be delivered out of our trails and afflictions. We all need to trust our Heavenly Father and know that He has a plan for each of us. We just need to continue to endure our trials and look at the positive of things :)

I love y'all so much!  Have a wonderful week!! 


Love, Sister Brooks :) 

Cutest little girl ever!


Investigator, Dymis and his girlfriend, Jaimie- she's a member.
Hermana Rodriguez walked into the gym one morning with flowers for me.

Desmond and Us. . . . . 




Our District


"Hi Mom!" Video with Desmond- you gotta love him!
When in Virginia, eat a cricket!

No comments:

Post a Comment