Monday, May 23, 2016

Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles!!

Happy Emailing Day!
My favorite people ever!!!!!

Okay, I know I say this like every week, but holy cow this week went by so fast and we were extremely busy!! We were able to see many more miracles and set 4 new people on date. I don't know how solid they really are, but we will see how it all works out. 

We had a sister’s meeting this week. We had all the sisters in Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, get together and we had trainings from President and Sister Wilson and also the Wilson’s daughter, Elizabeth, the return missionary  Sister Bray and two other sisters in our zone sang a special musical number. It's called "Gethsemane". It is a new song they put in the friend a while ago, but wow I love it, gives me chills every time. I love going to meetings and learning more and getting more inspiration. We talked about how we need to have more charity toward others, how we need to obey God and walk His path and then how we can find strength beyond our own and rely on God to help us and give us strength . It was what I needed. I never realized how much I needed to rely on God. This is His work. I am just His instrument and His mouthpiece. Things will happen according to His will and He has prepared and has people ready for us to teach and share the gospel with. We just need to find them! As the Richmond Virginia mission, we are taught to always expect miracles, but we can't receive or find them if we aren't working hard and being obedient. Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles!!

I was able to go on two exchanges this week. I stayed in my area both times. The first one, I went with Sister Fox. She is such a cute girl. We had so much fun and I was able to learn a lot more about her! Then I went with Sister Tadd. Man it was so fun being with her again. I sure miss being with her, but I love how she is in my zone and I'm able to be with her more. Yay :) I love being able to exchange with the sisters and get to know them and learn from them.  I have made so many wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime and I'm so happy I've been able to meet so many wonderful sisters! 

Exchanges with Sister Fox

Exchanges with Sister Tadd. . . 

We had a few wonderful miracles this week. . . . 

First, we have this cool couple we are teaching named Micah and Marisa Briggs. They are middle aged. We were teaching them earlier this week and had a wonderful lesson. The spirit was really in their home. They have 15 people living in their home- kids and grandkids. They are such amazing people with open and sweet hearts. We talked to them about our church and how we do things. Micah, the husband, was asking us if we shouted and danced at church and how we do things. We told him how our church worked and how we had it organized. He LOVED it and said that he felt like it really suited him. We invited them to be baptized and extended a date for them to work towards. They happily agreed and Micah opened his Book of Mormon to a random page. He opened to Alma 16. He said if he knew it was true and we got him to Alma 16, he would be baptized. Marisa is totally on board with it as well. We gave them a little schedule on where they need to be each day to reach his goal. We also told him we would study and read the Book of Mormon with him during our personal study. He sadly didn't come to church yesterday.  We aren't sure why.  They told us Saturday night they were coming and were excited about it. But we will find out and hopefully they will still work toward their date. 

We were also able to get a guy named Wes on date for baptism. He has met with missionaries a few times and dated a Mormon girl in Utah a while back. He knows it's a sign from God that he needs to be more religious and maybe this is the church for him. He has very sad and poor living conditions. He lives with his wife and kids in an old run down trailer and is currently losing his eye sight, but he is so humble. 

We visited Angelique, the lady who said the "spiritual prayer" I talked about last week. To give you more background with her-- She is 45 years old, she says she is pregnant with triplets and is around 7 months along, but it just looks like she had a lot of food to eat for dinner. We aren't sure if she is all there... Haha her "husband" is gone because he works for the government. She has no idea where he is, what he is doing or when he will be home. Something is a little off there. Haha but Sister Tadd and I went to see her. We talked a lot about temples and how our family can be together forever. She LOVED the pictures of the temples we showed her and really liked the idea of being sealed to her, "hunny" forever. We invited her to be baptized as well. Sister Tadd invited her to be baptized on June 5. She got excited and told us that was her birthday and she would love to then.  Again, I don't know how serious she is about or truly understands what it is.. But we will work on her.

We received a referral from Nauvoo about 2 weeks ago. He was in contact with the missionaries there and requested a Bible and Book of Mormon and they were going to mail it to him. Long story short, we called him and he told us he wasn't interested in meeting with missionaries, but he was having his books sent and wanted to read them first. We talked to our mission secretary last week and were asked if we had seen him.  We told her about our conversation with him and she said he has been talking with the missionaries in Nauvoo saying he wanted to meet with missionaries. We were so confused but we called him again and set up a time to meet with him. We met with him this week at a restaurant with one of our members. The missionaries from Nauvoo sent the restoration video, some pamphlets and the Bible and he was able to watch the video and read some other material. They didn't send him a Book of Mormon so we gave him one. He was very interested. He is trying to learn new religions and see which one is for him. The member we brought was so good. She testified about the Book of Mormon and how he needs to read and pray about it to see if it is for him. She was incredible. Members are the best!!! He wants to read and study a little more before he meets with us again. I'm sure it will happen soon. You sure can't deny this wonderful gospel!! 

Scripture of the week: 1 Samuel 16:7. It says how man looks on the outward appearance of others, while God looks on the heart. I've really have been trying to look at others how Jesus Christ would. He doesn't have any judgments or negative thoughts about anyone. I know if I love those I serve, teach and are around and really look at them the way Jesus Christ does, I'll be able to see their strengths and their good instead of the negative and I will grow to love them so much more. 

I love y'all so much!! I can't believe graduation is this week and school will be out. Man time flies by so fast!! Have a wonderful week!!!! 

Love Sister Brooks! 

Goofing off :)
Studying

I love Virginia Trees!




Little Thomas.  He reminds me so much of Dayten.
 I think that's why I love him so much!
Stanley Family

With Jesse.  I love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment